- Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2015 - 91 points Review by The Wine Advocate | Lisa Perrotti-Brown
The 2015 Petrie Chardonnay opens with a slight struck match/sulfide note, giving way to grapefruit, apple and white peach notes with hints of marzipan and baking bread. The medium-bodied palate is silky and refined with a good intensity of stone fruit and yeasty flavors, finishing with a refreshing lift.
(Posted on 12/01/2017)
- Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2015 - 96 points Review by Cameron Douglas | MS
- Distinctive and familiar bouquet of Chardonnay with orchard fruits led by fresh and baked stone fruits then a yellow apple and citrus moment; crushed cashew nut suggest some new oak influences and a layer of toastiness with vanilla reveals the youthful side. On the palate - firm, dry, enegaging and packed with flavours of fruit, oak, some mild oak tannins and synergy. Beginning to integrate this wine ahs a long journey ahead - so be wise and cellar for another 2-3 years or decant for service. (Posted on 12/10/2016)
- Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2015 - 18.5+/20 pts Review by Raymond Chan | October 2016
- Bright straw-yellow colour with light green-gold hues, paler on the rim. The nose is very fresh and tight, quite elegantly presented with good intensity of white stonefruits and subtle notes of citrus fruits entwined with flinty and minerally lees and balanced, nutty oak elements. Medium-full bodied, the palate is taut, refined and tightly concentrated with a core of harmoniously melded flavours of white and yellow stonefruits, citrus fruits and complexing flint, mineral and nutty detail. The palate is bright, energetic and vibrant with a refined, textural line and fresh, lacy acidity enlivening the mouthfeel. The wine carries to a long, lingering and elegantly concentrated finish of stonefruit and flinty lees. This is a tightly bound, elegantly concentrated and harmoniously detailed Chardonnay with stonefruit, flint and nutty flavours. Serve with seafood, poultry and pork over the next 5 years. Clone 15 and 6 fruit from the ‘Petrie’ vineyard, East Taratahi, hand-picked and WBP, indigenous yeast barrel-fermented to 13.5% alc., the wine aged 9 months on lees in 18% new barriques and puncheons with 30% MLF. (Posted on 12/10/2016)
- Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2015 - 93 points Review by Sam Kim | Wine Orbit, August 2016
This elegantly expressed chardonnay shows attractive aromas of white stone fruit, rockmelon, almond and oatmeal characters with a touch of vanilla complexity. The palate is finely textured and beautifully flowing, with excellent mid palate weight, leading to an impressively sustained finish. Stylish and refined. At its best: now to 2020.
www.wineorbit.co.nz (Posted on 8/09/2016)