- Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2014 - 94 points Review by The Wine Advocate | Lisa Perrotti-Brown
Medium ruby colored, the 2014 Pinot Noir gives plenty of earthy, red berry-laced characters on the nose with notes of red currants, raspberry leaves and cranberries as well as nuances of lavender, wild thyme, mossy tree bark and forest floor, plus a waft of fungi. The light to medium-bodied palate provides great intensity with red berry and earth layers supported by finely grained tannins and finishes long with some mineral hints.
(Posted on 12/01/2017)
- Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2014 - 96pts Review by Cameron Douglas | MS
- Complex and beguiling bouquet of red berry fruits, layers of oak and minerality, a light dusting of dried herb and a core of ripeness. On the palate - tense, youthful and poised with flavours of red cherry fruits, mangosteen and currants, some fresh strawberry then keen new oak with fine tannins, light smoky note, plenty of acidity, poise and finish. A lovely wine with oodles of time on its side. Best not to open till late 2017 - decant for service. Optimum drinking 2018 through 2028. (Posted on 8/12/2016)
- Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2014 - 95 points Review by Gary Walsh | Winefront, May 2016
Ata Rangi smells like Ata Rangi first and Martinborough second, and while obviously both are true, this vintage seems to deliver the full character of the vineyard. Am I right, or am I right? Typical perfume of roses and potpourri, cherries black and red, spice and a chocolaty flavour in the mix laying on a bit more seduction, in case there wasn’t quite enough. Medium bodied, layers of silk and sap, mouth-perfume of roses and dried herbs, fine acidity and excellent length. Closes with a sappy/chicory bitterness that may polarise, but those who like a firm NZ tweak on the finish will take it with pinch of pleasure. Strong release from this great producer.
Drink : 2017 - 2025+
(Posted on 8/09/2016)
- Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2014 - 97pts Review by Huon Hooke | Gourmet Traveller Wine, June 2016
- Softer and more accessible than the 2013, this is a superbly elegant wine with appealing purity and real power delivered with subtlety. Complex with plum, cherry, subtle savoury/spicy notes and very classy oak. Another triumph from on of NZ's best producers. (Posted on 10/06/2016)
- Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2014 - 99pts Review by Bob Campbell | BobCampbell.nz, June 2016
Dense, complex pinot noir in a typical Ata Rangi style, with a nice mix of fruit and savoury characters. Dark-fleshed plum, black cherry with a suggestion of floral, mixed spice and sweet herbs. Spectacular wine with plenty of power and an incredibly lengthy finish. More accessible than the previous vintage was at this stage but showing great cellaring potential. The best Ata Rangi pinot noir I've tasted.
Drink 2016 to 2028. http://bobcampbell.nz/wine/212705 (Posted on 10/06/2016)