- Ata Rangi Craighall Chardonnay 2015 - 93 points Review by The Wine Advocate | Lisa Perrotti-Brown
The 2015 Craighall Chardonnay offers delicate notes of honeyed white peaches, baking bread and lemon tart with hints of marzipan and orange blossoms. Light to medium-bodied, the palate is elegantly fruited and yet with great intensity and persistence, showing layers of citrus, stone fruit and yeasty flavors plus a lovely floral perfume. Yum!
(Posted on 12/01/2017)
- Ata Rangi Craighall Chardonnay 2015 - 96 points Review by Gourmet Traveller Wine
- Ata Rangi’s flagship chardonnay is a rich, creamy, mouth-filling wine with peach, cashew and bran biscuit flavours. Attractive and textural, it has an impressively lingering finish. Hard to resist now but it will age well. (Posted on 4/01/2017)
- Ata Rangi Craighall Chardonnay 2015 - 96 points Review by Cameron Douglas | MS
- Soft fragrant, enticing and alluring frangrances of white fleshed peach and nectarine, creamy, soft and rounded textures on the nose, as the wine begins to open up in the glass the gentle spices of oak start to show and increase in volume, a natural harmony between these elements leads to a complex and and generous cresendo. On the palate - dry, fruity, complex, youthful, engaging, lengthy. A delicious wine with power, harmony and youth on its side. Drink now if decanted - otherwise cellar and enjoy from late 2017 through 2022. (Posted on 12/10/2016)
- Ata Rangi Craighall Chardonnay 2015 - 19.5/20 Review by Raymond Chan | October 2016
- Full straw-yellow colour with light golden hues, lighter edged. This has a finely proportioned and tightly bound nose with concentrated, vibrantly rich aromas of ripe yellow stonefruits and citrus fruit harmoniously melded with creamy and nutty barrel-ferment notes and complex, but refines flinty lees and reductive elements, and soft lemon-curd MLF nuances, enriched by toasty oak. This is complex, detailed, layered, exuding vitality. Medium-bodied and elegant in presentation, the palate is taut and tightly bound, unfolding layers of yellow stonefruits, citrus fruits, nutty and toasty oak with nuances of gunflint. The mouthfeel is creamy and seamless from the fruit richness and barrel-ferment, the palate showing refined phenolics and balanced, refreshing acidity. This has excellent linearity, carrying to a very long and sustained stonefruity finish with complexing nutty and flinty detail. This is a beautifully elegant, detailed and complex Chardonnay with richness, intensity and refinement. Serve with seafood, poultry and pork over the next 5-6+ years. Mendoza clone fruit from the ‘Craighall’ vineyard, vines over 30 y.o., hand-picked and WBP, indigenous yeast barrel-fermented to 13.5% alc., the wine aged 12 months in 25% new barriques with partial MLF. (Posted on 12/10/2016)
- Ata Rangi Craighall Chardonnay 2015 - 95 points Review by Sam Kim | Wine Orbit, August 2016
Supremely elegant and refined, this stylish chardonnay shows delicate aromas of white stone fruit, lemon peel, brioche and vanilla on the nose. The palate is concentrated and focused with silky texture and bright fruit flavours, brilliantly framed by juicy acidity. The wine is restrained and tightly structured, promising to evolve magnificently. A class act as always. At its best: 2018 to 2025.
www.wineorbit.co.nz (Posted on 8/09/2016)